Ads

Monday, November 12, 2012

Why I have become a feng shui master since my background is an engineer by profession?


I often have to introduce myself prior to any of my feng shui talks to the public as if I do not do it, then I will always be asked the same question i.e. why you become a feng shui master since your background is an engineer by profession. I would like to say that I started to love feng shui and many oriental ancient beliefs after I really understand them.

As an engineer, I have been trained to think scientifically and systematically. Thus, initially, I thought there are no scientific facts in feng shui or any of the oriental ancient beliefs. I used to perceive the oriental ancient beliefs as a mysterious area which is lack of scientific basis. However, after many years of exposure on the subjects, I begun to find myself intrigued by its relevancy to our lives. This knowledge is such a great treasure that has been passed down by our ancestors.

In short, as an engineer, I find no conflict between ancient science and modern science, the approach might be different, but both are destined to find the nature ultimate truth.

You would find that human being has been arrogant to do whatever we like and our action has led us to the nature imbalance. Nowadays, people started to realize we have to pause and look back to learn the ancient knowledge to see what they wanted to tell us. That is the reason why ancient studies such as yoga, qi kung, feng shui, i-ching, Sun Tzi Art of War and etc have become more popular nowadays. As the matter of fact, if you really understand them, you would find that they are relevant.

As modern science begins to be enslaved by capitalism to serve human greed,  and creating side effect in it pathway to solve relevant problem, may be is time for us to look back to wisdom and "para science " which has been studied in decade of ancient civilization like feng shui, I ching...

I term the ancient wisdom or knowledge as as "para science" in strict modern science requirement as it may not fulfill the quantitative, statistical and comparative elements of modern science.

However, this ancient para science has given us the answer and solutions or even philosophical truth. The ultimatum of modern science is usually solved at philosophical end rather the equation or laboratory experiments.

I used to say that “The word I 易 in I-Ching is form from the Chinese words yin and Yang日 Sun and 月 Moon. 6,000 years ago Fuxi knew everything in the world is form by the positive and negative energy. Yang 日 Sun is positive energy and Yin 月 Moon is negative energy. Later scientists discovered that the distinction between yin and yang, everything in the world, by the smallest of the proton and electron in Atom to the largest in the solar system the Sun and the planets of the universe, are all made up of the Yin and Yang. Because of yin (female) and yang (male), there is reproduction in human being.”

我必须经常在我风水讲座之前自我介绍,因为如果我不这样做,那么在我的风水讲座之后总会有人问同一个问题,那就是为什么我会成为风水师,因为我学的是工程系。

作为一名工程师,我被训练成对凡事都要以科学和系统地去理性思考。因此,最初,我认为风水和许多东方古老学问都没有科学事实根据。他们是缺乏科学依据的一个神奇区域。然而,在许多岁月的研究以后,我开始了解这个是我们的祖先遗传的伟大的珍宝。

您可以发现近代的人类是傲慢的做了我们自己喜欢的事情,为所欲为,我们的行动使到我们的大自然开始出现严重的不平衡状态。现今,人们开始体会我们必须停下来看看和学习一些古老的知识,看看古人想告诉我们什么。

那也是为什么古老研究例如瑜伽,气功,风水,周易, 子兵法等都变得越来越普遍。 如果您真正地了解他们,您发现他们是很实际的一门学问。我是在真正地了解风水和许多东方古老学问之后才开始爱上他们.

我常说”《易》字是由日和月形成,象徵阴阳.整六千年前的伏羲氏,当时人类并没有文字,他们已知道世界上所有的东西都是由阴阳组成的,后来科学家发现这世上的东西都有阴阳之分,由最小的原子里的质子proton和负离子electron到最大的宇宙太阳系里的太阳和星球,都有阴阳之分.人类就是因为有阴阳之分才能传宗接代,不是吗?”

No comments: