In my book http://www.penangfengshui.com/index.php?pages=book_enjoyyourlife_ebookpage 115 - 118.
1. The Feng Shui of the kitchen is particularly important. Kitchen is a vital place for the lady master and the stove represents the lady master thus it affects her luck the most. Therefore, the cleanliness of the stove is a must. Otherwise, it will create negative impact to the health of the family members, particularly the lady master.
2. The South-West is the sector for the lady master; hence it is auspicious to have your kitchen located in the South-West of your house.
3. The door of the kitchen and the door of the washroom should not be facing each other as the kitchen is a fire element and the washroom is a water element. When the fire is fighting against the water, the health and luck of the family members will not be pleasant. If the washroom is facing the kitchen, please place a divider in between. In the olden days, the washroom and kitchen were built separately outside the house, just like the old type of houses in China 四合院. The worst case is to have your stove facing the toilet!
4. As the stove represents the lady master, there should not be two stoves in the kitchen. Otherwise, there will be two lady masters!
5. Never place a mirror reflecting the stove as the mirrored image of the stove shows that there will be another lady master!
6. The stove should not face the water tap nor should they be placed next to each other since fire is against water. If that is the case, block them with a divider or put a money plant in between. By doing this, water from the tap grows the money plant and subsequently the plant grows fire of the stove.